Skip to Main Content
- Review Bomb Threat procedures.
- If you receive a bomb threat, respond immediately and do not assume it is a prank or joke
- Stay calm and try to get a colleague’s attention to listen in on the call with you
- Try to obtain information from the caller
- Take notes and pay close attention to details
- Ask questions (any order):
- What is your name?
- Where are you located? What is your address?
- When will it explode?
- Where is the bomb right now?
- What does it look like?
- What kind of bomb is it?
- Did you place the bomb?
- Who is the target?
- Why did you place it?
- Observe the caller’s:
- Speech patterns (accent, tone)
- Emotional state (angry, agitated, calm, etc.)
- Background noise (traffic, people talking and accents, music, and type, etc.)
- Age and gender
- Write down other information:
- Date and time of the call
- How threat was received (letter, note, telephone)
- Call 911 and submit your notes from the telephone call and/or the bomb threat note
- Follow police instructions
- Do not evacuate unless told to do so.